ScoopGirls love The Duke Mansion ~ seriously, who doesn’t love The Duke Mansion? Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Mansion is surely the Grande Dame of Charlotte homes, the biggest #BigWhiteHouse in the QC, the perfect venue for an event or party for business or pleasure, and a great option to put up out of town guests.
- 20 individually decorated luxurious guest rooms including 6 with shared sleeping porches
- Four and a half acres of beautiful gardens and grounds
- Onsite Executive Chef and culinary staff
- Full breakfast served every day (included in room rate)
- Guest library and book collection
- Professional meeting and event planning staff to help host events from 2-300 guests
Built in 1915 and tripled by its most famous owner James Buchanan Duke, The Duke Mansion has been home and host to leaders of the 20th century. Duke’s most lasting legacies, including Duke University, Duke Energy and the Duke Endowment, took shape at the home. While it is a fully functioning Bed & Breakfast, The Mansion is operated as a nonprofit with all proceeds being used to preserve and protect this community treasure.
Beloved by many Charlotteans, there are two groups of “ambassadors” who champion and support The Mansion to ensure its longevity. These are The Preservation Society and The Colonnade Society.
The mission of the Preservation Society is to sustain, protect and serve as ambassadors for The Duke Mansion, a historical landmark, providing critical financial resources for its preservation while enjoying fellowship and friendship. The members of the Preservation Society organize the annual fundraiser for The Duke Mansion, and help plan several other events throughout each year. Founded in 2000, The Colonnade Society provides the foundation for all giving to the non-profit by investing $2,500 or more on an annual basis.
Joining the Preservation Society for The Duke Mansion
There are three levels of membership in the Preservation Society – $550, $750 and $1,000 per year, with a tax-deductible donation portion for all levels. All Preservation Society members enjoy invitations to four events throughout each year:
- October Halloween Annual Fundraiser Party – This year it will be on October 27, 2018
- December Holiday Cocktail Party
- February Event
- May Family Event
In addition, Preservation Society members receive some pretty awesome benefits:
$550 Gold (Tax deductible portion $300)
- One evening complimentary overnight stay
- Special discounted rate for any stay, any time at The Duke Mansion. This special rate is available for you to use and for you to share with friends and family. The only limit is room availability – so come stay once or many times at this special rate.
- Discount on cooking classes or Turkeys to Trot or other Duke Mansion events
- Invitation to Annual Easter Egg Hunt
$750 Platinum (Tax deductible portion $500) All benefits of the Gold $500 level host plus:
- 20% discount on Estate (event) fee at The Duke Mansion: Make The Duke Mansion your home for family and business events—lunches, dinners or celebrations—for large and small events. (excluding weddings or wedding receptions)
- Free use of The Duke Mansion for family or bridal photo ($250 value)
$1,000 Diamond (Tax deductible portion $750) All benefits of the $750 Platinum level host plus:
- Special recognition at Preservation Society events
- One (1) Free Estate Fee for any size event (excluding weddings or wedding receptions)
- An invitation to attend one of the annual Colonnade Society events
Joining The Colonnade Society for The Duke Mansion
- As a Colonnade Member, The Duke Mansion is your home for entertaining. Just plan any sort of event – for business, family or social needs – and you will receive a 20% discount on the fee to use any of The Mansion’s beautiful rooms.
- Colonnade Members also receive free use of the Lineberger Library, perfect for an intimate lunch or dinner. Limited only by availability, and you’ll be billed only for your entertaining costs.
- Special Overnight Rate
- The Duke Mansion Take and Bake Meal once a week, for Colonnade Members to order, pick-up and heat at home. Pick-up the whole meal – or just a selection. You’ll be notified each week of the featured menu.
- Two times a year – Gather to celebrate leadership with fellow Colonnade Members in the spring and fall to enjoy The Mansion and celebrate leaders and leadership.
Supporting this beautiful local landmark definitely has advantages ~ the gardens alone provide one of our favorite cool, peaceful and quite lovely escapes from everyday city life. You get a built in social life with others who value preserving properties like this one, and no matter where you live in the greater Charlotte area, you can host your gatherings in one of the city’s most beautiful homes. If you plan well, you and your guests can even stay the night on the premises.
Want to see more of The Duke Mansion and learn about joining the Preservation Society? Attend our Summer Meet Up for Cocktails in the Courtyard on Thursday, July 12. Just RSVP here —> eventbrite.com.
The Duke Mansion 400 Hermitage Road Charlotte, NC 28207
#sponsored. Articles on scoop are sponsored by the businesses mentioned. For more info on our policies click here.