Long or Short, that is the question. Pick your favorite or pick them both, cause the styles for both rompers and jumpsuits have gotten considerably more sophisticated as these pieces have gone mainstream in the past few years. There are jumpsuits that you can wear with jacket to go from office to evening in a snap. (There are no rompers that are office appropriate ever unless Hooters is your office). There are rompers you can wear to cocktails, and plenty that don’t look like you’ve left home in your pajamas. Here are several go-almost-anywhere styles we found in the local Charlotte boutiques for summer 2018:
A few tips on wearing jumpsuits:
- If you are tall or leggy, try a wide leg style
- If you are petite, try a sleek, straight legged or cropped style
- If you are bottom heavy, try one with a lot going on for the top, or off the shoulders
- If you have a square shape or thick waist, make sure yours is self belted or that you have a belt to go with.
A few tips on wearing rompers:
- First things first. Rompers do not have the same universality as Jumpsuits. You cannot wear a Romper at Any Age; there are not Rompers For Every Occasion.
- Watch the length. Super short works at the beach, and on college girls gone wild. Probably not often in your life. Longer, though, can work nicely anywhere a mini would.
- Structure helps as you age, meaning the more years you have, the more structure your romper wants.
- And honestly, there is a sell by decade for the whole romper concept. Just because you CAN doesn’t mean you should. You’ll know your romper time is up when your skin just starts to look old.
- Proportions matter. The barest tops require the longest, fullest bottoms. Skimpy styles require more staid & chunky shoes. Boxy shapes go with sleek and strappy shoes, and so on. Balance out the party.
#sponsored. Articles on scoop are sponsored by the businesses mentioned or our advertisers. For more info on our policies click here.