Charlotte is enjoying a real estate boom these days, check out this article on the supply vs. demand in single family homes in desirable neighborhoods. Of course, certain areas are more popular than others, and the QC has its share of traditional and emerging neighborhoods.
We asked the professionals at COTTINGHAM CHALK HAYES to give us a list of the hottest properties in the hottest Charlotte neighborhoods. Most of the properties listed have virtual tours and many more pictures. Just click the highlighted address link to go directly to the property home page.
1. Dilworth– is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Bungalow-style homes and stately oak trees line residential streets. Anchored by East Blvd, this neighborhood offers plenty of unique shops and restaurants.
This charming 3 bedroom, 2 .5 bath single family home on quiet street in Dilworth has an open floor plan and beautiful hardwood floors throughout. The kitchen features granite counter-tops, tumbled marble backsplash, custom solid maple cabinets and a breakfast area with glass doors that open to courtyard. A spacious owner suite with enclave bath and office/media room. Covered front porch and carport with storage room. Great curb appeal.
2. Elizabeth– located along East 7th Street and Elizabeth Avenue, Eilzabeth has plenty of restaurants and the NEW streetcar that runs from Presbyterain Hospital into center city.
This gorgeous Elizabeth bungalow with 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms has beautiful hardwood floors, moldings and designer updates throughout. Including a fabulous chef’s kitchen with custom cabinets, range hood and island, stainless steel appliances, and a Dacor gas range with double ovens. The kitchen opens to a spacious den and dining room with great flow for entertaining. There is a guest room with full bath on main level. Fantastic backyard has beautiful landscaping, a deck with a sunken hot tub, and a patio with blue glass gas fire pit. A must see!
3. Myers Park– one of the cityâ€™s most prestigious neighborhoods. Nestled among its winding, shady streets are fabulous one of a kind homes.
Rare opportunity to live on .56 acre on a private cul-de-sac lot in Myers Park. This beautiful and well cared for home was custom built in 2003 and is a Stephen Fuller Design. The master suite is on the main level along with a gourmet kitchen with plenty of family living space. A total of 5 bedrooms makes this house perfect for a large family. Plenty of custom details like a walk-in wine cellar with a wine dispensing system and a covered patio leading to a private backyard.
4. Cherry– is ideally located within walking distance of uptown and the mansions of Queens Road. A small hidden gem of a neighborhood.
Adorable new cottage home in historic Cherry completed in August. Highly desirable location close to the greenway, Metropolitan shopping & dining center, and just 1 mile from Uptown. This property also features a hard to find 1-car detached garage. A huge white kitchen with giant island opens to the living area. It has a light bright interior with lots of windows and beautiful Craftsman style trim and doors throughout. Tight energy efficient construction. 5 bedrooms 3 bathrooms with a generous master suite on the main floor.
5. Sedgefield– is located immediately south of Dilworth. Plenty of bungalow style homes that have been renovated. Good schools and great shopping.
Adorable home in sought after Sedgefield. 3bedrooms, 2 baths, formals plus study/office. Hardwood floors, plantation shutters, neutral paint, updated lighting and baths, walk-up attic with room for expansion and large fenced backyard. Beautiful kitchen features SS appliances, granite countertops and white cabinetry. Must see!
6. Beverly Woods-is an area of Southpark enclosed by Sharon Road and Park Road. Brick homes and split levels with a true neighborhood feel. Close to Southpark Mall and the Harris YMCA.
Wonderful home on fantastic lot in Beverly Woods. Sleek kitchen flows comfortably into formal living, dining, den, and sun room. Patio overlooks huge backyard with mature landscaping. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. One car garage with workshop. Minutes to Southpark shopping, dining and entertainment.
7. Barclay Downs-is a mid-twentieth century neighborhood west of Colony Road near the SouthPark Mall. Just next door to the Myers Park neighborhood, it contains rambling brick ranch homes on large lots.
Wonderful opportunity to own an adorable house in the heart of Barclay Downs on a highly sought after cul-de-sac. This lovely home has been well maintained. It has 3 full updated baths, and a great room that could be used as a master bedroom. Sunny, bright living room and dining area. A new AC has just been installed. Close to the Barclay Downs Swim & Racquet Club.
8. Plaza Midwood– One of the most ethnically and socially diverse neighborhoods in Charlotte, it is the epitome of cool city living.
Spacious ranch with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms contains brand new kitchen updates including refrigerator, microwave, range/oven, granite counters, sink and faucet. Large great room and living room with wood burning fireplaces and hardwood floors. The sunroom has a wall of windows, and the home office is outfitted with built-ins. Large bedrooms with ample closet space. Large secondary bathroom. Good storage throughout home. Rear deck overlooks large, level, private yard.
9. Cotswold–is centered on the intersection of Randolph and Sharon Amity roads. Growing neighborhood with plenty of shopping and good schools.
Beautifully renovated 4 bedroom 3 bathroom ranch with desirable open floorpan. Tons of living space. Huge, private fenced in backyard with a large patio. Spacious master suite addition in 2008. Gorgeous dark hardwood floors. Walk to Cotswold Village shops and restaurants. Minutes to Uptown and highly rated schools.
10 Madison Park– is a desirable residential area located between E Woodlawn Road and South Blvd. It is made up of 1950’s style homes, many of which have been renovated
Updated ranch on large, private lot in desirable Madison Park. Open floor plan, spacious rooms, beautiful refinished hardwood flooring and fresh neutral paint throughout this 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom home. Kitchen has great cabinet storage and solid surface countertops.
For more information about any of the TOP PROPERTIES listed here, contact the listed agent and let them know you read about it on SCOOP.