Just ’cause summer is winding down this month, that’s no reason to give up on spending time outdoors with your gang, enjoying a beautiful waterfront break, shopping local vendors & farmers’ produce, getting in a little live music and more.
Located along the lake at The Shoppes at University Place, the University City Farmers Market takes place every Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm through October.
You can access the market by riding the LYNX Light Rail, walking or biking on the Barton Creek Greenway or park for free at The Shoppes at University Place, 8929 JM Keynes Drive.
In addition to the market, Camp Gladiator will be hosting workouts every first and last Saturday at 9am and there’s live music on the lawn 10:00am – 1:00pm plus plenty of fun for all ages. You can follow the Univ City Farmers Market facebook page for weekly news & updates HERE.
University City Farmers Market ~ Round Up of Vendors
- Anda’s Bakes LLC – Mini cookies with vegan and Keto options.
- Baked By Jamese – Cookies, decorated cookies, cakes, and pies.
- Chunks’ Chickens – Farm raised eggs, potted plants, plant themed accessories
- Cooking With Ms Princess – Variety of homemade jams (strawberry, blueberry, mixed berry, keto friendly strawberry, cinnamon pear, apple pie, grape jelly).
- Defiant Sauce Co – BBQ and hot sauce.
- Detour Coffeebar – Mobile coffee truck. Full espresso bar, non-coffee beverages and pastries
- Dr. O.J.’s Organic Juice – Cold-pressed Organic Juices and Sea Moss capsules
- Drip Joint – mobile espresso bar
- Gather Ye Honey – Pure, raw, remarkable honey from West Charlotte and the Appalachian Mountains.
- JHAVA – Local CBD honey and CBD products made right here in Charlotte. Local plants in decorated glasses.
- Manolo’s Bakery – Delicious assorted sweet and savory baked goods from Charlotte’s first Latino bakery
- Ocio Cafe – Authentic gourmet Colombian coffee from our Golden Coffee Bus.
- Pine Knot Farms – A certified organic farm located twelve miles north of Hillsborough, NC, and is 100 years old this year
- Squeeze – fresh squeezed flavored lemonades
- Sweet Bite Cupcake – delicious cakes with artisanal flavors.
- The Coffee Tin – Specialty coffee drinks.
- Urban Honey – chocolate covered strawberries (vegan option avail); chocolate pretzels (vegan option available); mendiants (vegan option available); cheesecakes; chai latte (vegan option available)
- Zolingo’s Spice for Life – Spice Blends, skincare, CBD products
- Be the Best – Children book author and small group fitness. Sells books as well as reading circle for children or anyone willing to listen.
- EthnicByAli- Ethnic attire, shea butter, sage herbs in scents
- Honeyed Co- Hand poured wooden wick candles and wax melts. Each candle is made from a soy blend wax with safe home fragrances. 100% phthalate free.
- Hope Sotillo- Hot Sauce, Body oils, Home oil, jewelry
- Inkas Art- Dream catchers, leather bracelets, musical instruments of bamboo, wool bags, wool ponchos.
- Kam’s Kitchen- Dog treats and products!
- Kate’s TNT – Copper, dichroic glass, and enamel jewelry specializing in hair accessories and paw print jewelry.
- KIKI EARRINGS – Handmade jewelry.
- Nessy’s Naturals – Handcrafted items for natural/non-toxic materials such as herbs, precious metals, leather, wood, etc. Items include body butters, massage candles, soaps, sprays, jewelry, and more.
- Noufi’s Boutique – Luxurious scarves and bohemian style linen collection of clothing.
- Pink Daisy Candle Body Company – A non-toxic line of candles and body skincare products. Candles, body whips, body butters, bath soaks and lip balms.
- Pretty Maquillage – Pretty Maquillage sells high quality vegan lip gloss, lip scrubs, and mascara.
- Rare Radiance – Soy candles, massage candles, candle wax melts, and natural blended loose-leaf teas products are hand crafted and hand-blended
- Rose Bows – Handmade bows, bowties, accessories, and vintage clothing.
- Scent Slave Bath and Body, LLC – Handmade natural soaps, body wash, bathbombs, concrete candle vessels.
- She Built This City – kids activities – small build/crafts.
- Stinky Ass Soap Co. – Soap, shampoo, conditioners, candles, scrub.
- Suds and Studs – Veteran owned business that specializes in custom art, jewelry, health, and beauty items.
- Thank You Mother Earth – natural soy candles, body creams, aromatic room and linen sprays, scented lava rocks, aromatic shower mists, body oils, and more natural products.
- Toushea Body Boutique – Handcrafted skincare products such as lotion, soap, body butter, lip balm, bath bombs, etc.
- Vang Flowers – Fresh cut flowers.
- Yarn Addict – Crocheted items, baby blankets, hats, headbands, dish cloths, scrubbies.