Husband-and-wife team chef Gregory “Greg” Collier and Subrina Collier launched the inaugural BayHaven Food & Wine Festival on Juneteenth this year, selling tickets to the three-day festival happening Oct. 22-24 in Charlotte.
The festival will be a celebration of Black foodways, Subrina says, aimed at raising awareness of and creating opportunities for Black experts in the hospitality industry. More than 75 chefs, artisans, farmers, brewers and distillers are expected to participate including two-time James Beard nominated chef Gregory Collier of Leah & Louise; chef Todd Richards of Lake & Oak Neighborhood BBQ and Soul: Food & Culture; and “Top Chef” alum chef Tiffany Derry of Roots Chicken Shak and Roots Southern Table.
Inspired by the Harlem Renaissance — an intellectual and cultural revival of African American music, dance, art, fashion, literature and theater in the 1920s and 1930s — the BayHaven Food & Wine Festival will educate and entertain, Subrina says.
“Back then, there was a burst of creativity and cultural appreciation born out of Prohibition,” Greg says. “Now, one hundred or so years later, Black creativity has been unappreciated and unnoticed for a while. We want to shine that spotlight bright.”
The festival will take place at Camp North End, a 76-acre state-of-the art creative development and one of the largest adaptive reuse projects underway in the United States. Camp North End is also home to Leah & Louise, the Colliers’ restaurant that was recently named to Esquire Magazine’s Best New Restaurant list.
The festival non-profit partner is No Kid Hungry.
Here is a current list of events and ticket prices ~ tickets to these individual festival events can be purchased online only via HERE while supplies last.
- All BayHaven Food & Wine Festival events are 21+ only except for the family-friendly Chuck Wagon Carnival on Friday, Oct. 22.
- The festival is a rain or shine event. No refunds will be available.
- The festival will follow all government-mandated rules about gatherings and will postpone the festival if instructed to do so by officials due to any pandemic rules.
- It is the responsibility of the guests to wear masks according to government mandates if they are instructed to do so.
- In the event there is no mask mandate with vaccination, it is the responsibility of the guest to follow the rules and BayHaven and Camp North End assume no responsibility.
- Changes to the lineup may occur before and after release of the names of the chefs and beverage makers. This does not allow for any refunds or discounts.