South End Wine & Hops Fest Returns May 13 – 16
Voted 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Best Charlotte Wine Event and 2020 Best Charlotte Festival* the 7th annual Spring South End Wine and Hops Fest returns May 13-16, 2021. If you are a wine enthusiast, a beer lover, or both, this year’s festival offers you four days of different experiences in South End, with the main event taking place over two days to accommodate social distancing.
South End Wine & Hops Fest was voted *Charlotte Magazine’s Best Charlotte Festival for two years in a row–2019 and 2020, and in prior years, was named the Best Wine Festival by the magazine. It’s designed to bring you lots of options and entertainment while you enjoy wine events large and small, more serious and not-so-serious in Charlotte’s South End.
Important To Know:
WHERE IS IT: Unknown Brewing: 1327 S. Mint Street
WHAT ABOUT RAIN?: This is an outdoor event and is shine or rain
WHERE TO GET TICKETS?: ONLINE at their website here or click our icons below
TICKETS AT THE DOOR?: No, per their COVID guidelines all ticket sales will end 24hrs prior to each event.
KIDS ALLOWED?: NO. You must be 21 with valid id.
Festival attendees have the option to participate in an evening of food and wine pairings from Chef Ken Aponte of Alchemy, outdoor roller skating with sparkling wine, and the main event with global wine, local brews and ciders, live music and outdoor fun.
The full Spring 2021 South End Wine & Hops Fest schedule is as follows:
Thursday, May 13, 2 sessions. 5:00 and 7:30 pm
Chef Ken Aponte of Alchemy invites you to an evening of culinary creations all paired with some of his favorite wines.
Session One: 5:00 PM and Session Two 7:30 PM
- First Course: Avocado Hummus – avocado and chickpea hummus served with seasoned cucumbers. First Course Wine: Vila Nova Vinho Verde 2019
- Second Course: Prosciutto and Cucumber – seared garden cucumbers, plant based prosciutto, tempura jalapenos, balsamic glaze, micro basil Second Course Wine: Pieropan Soave 2018
- Third Course: Elote – sweet corn smothered and baked in habanero and carolina reaper aioli tossed in paprika, cilantro and parmesan cheese Third Course Wine: Mogollon Malbec 2018
- Fourth Course: Seitan and Risotto OR Short Rb and Risotto -your choice of seitan or short rib over pea and plant based prosciutto risotto, glazed baby carrots, plant based demi Fourth Course Wine: Douglas Green Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
- Fifth Course: Tiramisu – rum soaked lady fingers layered with mascarpone cream & cocoa dust over espresso creme anglaise. Fifth Course Wine: Steindorfer Pinot Blanc 2015
Ticket sales end 24hrs prior to event & cannot be purchased at the gate.
Friday, May 14
- Skates & Bubbles
- The Unknown Brewing Company
Pop Up & Roll outdoor skating rink while shipping on tasty sparkling wines and swaying to the beats of DJ Mekoh.
Session 1: 6pm-7:30pm and Session 2: 7:30pm-9pm
Saturday, May 15 and Sunday, May 16
- 7th Annual South End Wine and Hops Fest
- The Unknown Brewing Company
Experience wonderful wines, cider and brews paired with live music. Your ticket includes all day samples, souvenir tasting glass and access to all the wines, ciders and craft brews
VIP Table for 10 – $550, Early Admission – $45, General Admission – $35, Designated Driver – $15
VIP tables means that You plus 9 of your friends split a $550 VIP experience which includes 10 festival tickets, VIP tables & chairs, 4 bottles of wine plus unlimited tastings & a 1 hour early entrance into the festival which means 5 hours of wine and craft brew tastings. NEW FOR 2021: VIP Ticket holders will experience a cocktail demo and tasting by Unknown Wood & Grain Project.
Early Admission tickets are $45.00 and include 5 hours of wine and craft brews tastings and a festival souvenir sampling glass
General Admission tickets are $35.00 and include 4 hours of wine and craft brew tastings and a festival souvenir sampling glass
Designated Drivers tickets are $15.00 and include access to the festival
Tickets must be purchased at least 24hrs prior to the events and no tickets will be sold the day of the events. This will allow us time to plan the social distance event layout.
Safety is a top priority and protocols including smaller events, mask requirements, social distancing and hand sanitizer stations will be followed to protect the safety of attendees. Organizers will continue to monitor and adhere to Mecklenburg County and North Carolina health guidelines. More details are available under frequently asked questions on the event website.
Presented by Extreme Property Services and Queen City Elite, South End Wine & Hops Fest is open to individuals 21 years of age or older. Attendees can purchase tickets, volunteer and learn more about the event by visiting the website here.