The 5th Annual Crescent University City Wine Fest returns for a socially distanced series of events in mid-April, from 4/14 through 4/18/21. Featuring different wine events over the 5 days, the Crescent University City Wine Fest will take place at University City’s scenic lake & boardwalk at Shoppes at University Place. More than 100 wines from over 25 wineries will be available to sample while you stroll the boardwalk and enjoy live music and entertainment. NOTE – tickets will NOT be sold at the door, in order to safely manage attendance, tickets must be purchased in advance. See links & info below.
The University Wine Festival has made University and Sugar Creek libraries the beneficiaries of choice for the past 4 years. Your donation goes specifically towards program funding, enabling our libraries to better meet the needs of our growing community.
Tickets by Event Below
Wine Wednesday on the Water 4/14
Shoppes at University Place
Two Ticketed Times 6 pm and 7:30 pm.
$50 for Two.
You and a guest will enjoy a wine tasting on the boat dock before selecting your favorite wine and boarding the paddle boat while enjoying the live music of the Courtney Lynn and Quinn Band. Crafters Union Wines: Brut | Pinot Grigio | Brut Rose | Red Blend
Thursday Royal Wine & Dine Experience 4/15
10818 Tavernay Parkway
Be treated like royalty during an evening with Chef Lisa Brooks at her beautiful home as she guides you through six courses of culinary delights all paired with wines. Menu:
- Heirloom Tomato Tartlet With Corn & Fennel Chow Chow Paired with Tesora Decca Regina Pinot Grigio
- Fresh Cucumber Bisque Paired with Buttercream Chardonnay
- Frisée Salad With Smoked Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette
Gratineed Diver Scallop With Lemon Tarragon Gremolata
Paired with Angeline Sauvignon Blanc
- Roast Pork Tenderloin w/Citrus Cilantro Date Chimichurri, Pan Roasted Fingerlings , Yellow Squash Purée Paired with Unanime Pinot Noir
- Raspberry Soufflé Paired with Borrasca
Taste, Sip & Stroll Friday 4/16
Shoppes at University Place
Enjoy an evening around the beautiful lake sampling food by University City’s favorite restaurants while enjoying live music, local artists & makers, and all the wine tastings your heart desires.
Ninety’s Ice Cream
The Wine Vault
Wild Wing Café
Participating Pop Up Shops
Tousea Body Boutique
Pink Daisy Co
D. Renne Beauty Bar
Jewelry By Ang
Live Music by Falcon Heart
5th Annual Wine Festival Saturday & Sunday 4/17 and 4/18
Armored Cow Brewing, 8821 JW Clay Blvd #1
2 pm start both days
$35 to $55
SATURDAY TICKETS | SUNDAY TICKETS
To ensure everyone’s safety and to follow the Mecklenburg safety guidelines a boutique style Univ City Wine Fest will happen in the outdoor space of Armored Cow Brewing.
You will still experience wonderful wines, cider and brews paired with live music from Randy Paul and the Revelry Band. Your ticket included all day samples, souvenir tasting glass and access to all the wine filled fun.
- VIP tables means that You plus 9 of your friends split a $550 VIP experience which includes 10 festival tickets, VIP tables & chairs, 4 bottles of wine plus unlimited tastings & a 1 hour early entrance into the festival.
- Early Admission tickets are $45.00 and include 5 hours of wine tastings and a festival souvenir sampling glass
- General Admission tickets are $35.00 and include 4 hours of wine tastings and a festival souvenir sampling glass
- Designated Drivers tickets are $10.00 and include access to the festival
Tickets must be purchased at least 24hrs prior to the events and no tickets will be sold the day of the events. This will allow us time to plan the social distance event layout.
Sorry, no one under the age of 21 is permitted to attend the festival, regardless of whether or not you drink alcohol. This includes toddlers and infants. The festival urges all adults to consume alcohol products responsibly.
Capacity for all events has been limited to increase social distancing. Masks are required for all attendees. Masks may only be removed when you are stationary and eating or drinking with your private party. No dogs are allowed in order to increase personal space.
- REDUCED ATTENDANCE: Tickets must be purchased at least 24 hours prior to the event and will not be sold at the gate (plus, seating will be provided for everyone!)
- MASKS REQUIRED: Masks must be worn at all times between sips; if you have to be asked more than twice to wear a mask, you will be removed from the festival
- SCANS & CHECKS: UV light scans and temperature checks will take place at the event entrance
- CLEAN HANDS CLUB: Hand sanitizers and washing stations will be placed throughout the event