Crave Charlotte kicks off next week with 15+ culinary experiences over 6 days across 8 Charlotte neighborhoods.
With daily events from July 21 through July 26 at some of the QC’s most popular restaurants and eateries, CraveCLT is a ticketed event with special safety protocols in place so you can get out and support our local chefs & industry professionals and enjoy a tasty meal & drink (or four). Proceeds will benefit this year’s non-profit beneficiary, Rivendell Farms.
Tickets to the various events are limited, are sold separately, and some have already sold out. You can click through here. Find the Greystar Crave Charlotte Presented by Angeline’s & Extreme Property Service Full Calendar of Events HERE
SOME SCOOP PICKS:
SUNSETS & SANGRIA Tuesday, July 21 6 pm at Nuvole. Limit 24.
Learn how to make Sangria at Nuvole which features one of the best sunsets rooftop views while enjoying a delicious spread of local fruit, cheeses & charcuterie curated by Chef Roy Darling.
EXPERIENCE THE ART OF CULINARY Tuesday, July 21 at 6pm at Alchemy at C3 Lab. Limit 50.
Where art and food collaborate – an evening of cocktails, food & art. Menu:
- Amuse bouche ~ Pickled vegetables with Lavash
- First course ~ Lobster waldorf – rolled lobster, apple, grape & walnut salad OR Tostones – fried plantains in adobo seasoning served w/ tomato aioli
- Second Course ~ Tomato Gnocchi – purple basil, mozzarella, & tomato crema
- Third Course ~ Mushroom trip – fried lion mane & black trumpet mushrooms, mushroom duxelle, & mushroom aioli
- Fourth Course ~ Braised Seitan over asparagus and spring pea Couscous Salad OR Braised Short Rib over asparagus and spring pea Couscous Salad
- Fifth Course ~ Sorbet Float / champagne or Sum Bucha
AROUND THE WORLD WINE PAIRING Wednesday, July 22 at 6 pm at Bonterra Dining & Wine Room. Limit 40.
Enjoy Wine tastings from Spain, Friance, Italy, USA all paired with heavy hors d’oeuvres at the beautiful Bonterra Dining & wine room. Menu:
Table 1 – Spain –
2018 Burgans Albarino & 2014 Lan Rioja Reserva
Ham & Chicken Croquettes with Romesco Sauce & Rioja Braised Albondigas (Meatballs)
Table 2 – California –
2018 Guenoc Pinot Grigio & 2016 Roth Pinot Noir
Wood Grilled Scottish Salmon with Avocado Mousse & Tempura Cauliflower with Harissa & Babaganoush
Table 3 – France –
2019 Domaine Houchart Cotes de Provence Rose & 2016 St. Antonin Cotes du Rhone
Salad Niçoise & Coc Au Vin
Table 4 – Italy –
2018 Villa Alpini Pinot Grigio & 2019 Calea Nero d’Avola
Shrimp & Mussels Puttanesca & Chicken Piccata
BEER AND FOOD PAIRING Wednesday, July JUL 22 6 pm at Brewers at 4001 Yancey. Limit 40.
Learn about & taste pairing great beers with delicious foods in an evening of multiple culinary courses each served alongside an outstanding brew. Menu:
- Amuse Bouche
- Watermeln Cube with chili lime hop salt
- Paired with Hppy Melon (2X Hopped Whiskey, melon liquor, Jammer simple, lemon)
- First Course
- Fried Oyster with smked fruit, pickled onions, Reaper Cider Aioli
- Paired with Bld Rock Pineapple Cider
- Second Course
- Heirlom Tomato-Cloud Walker Gazpacho with Avocado “Crouton”
- Paired with Victry Summer Hazy Love
- Third Course
- Irish Oaks Spent Grain Fed Ribeye with rasted patty pan squash, 2X IPA chickpea fries, salsa verde
- Paired with Sixpint BA Righteous Rye
- Bread Basket by Virtuoso Bread Works (Waxhaw, NC)
CHECK OUT THE OTHERS AT THE LINKS:
- Cocktails, Brews, Wine & Food at Suffolk Punch
- The Goodyear House Backyard BBQ
- Delectable Pairings Renaissance Patisserie
- Bramare Wine Dinner at Angeline’s
- Craving at Queen City Grounds
- Behind the Curtain with Roots Catering
- Brunch Cravings at Tayste
- Curds & Corks at Vin Master (fewer than 10 TICKETS LEFT)
- Rose & Mimosa Soiree at Pinhouse
- Summer Sunday Sip & Savor at Lincoln Street Kitchen and Cocktails
- All ticket sales will end 24hrs prior to each Crave Charlotte event to allow restaurants to plan for social-distancing approved seating.
- Face masks will be required at check-in and anytime you are away from your assigned seating.
- Groups of friends larger than six will not be permitted to sit at the same table.
- Tickets are limited to 50% capacity for each restaurant to accommodate health guidelines.
- All Restaurants will follow sanitation guidelines.
About the Non-Profit Beneficiary — Rivendell Farms of the Carolinas: Rivendell Farms of Huntersville was established in 2000 by the Hardin Family as a sustainable agriculture farm located near the headwaters of Gar Creek in North Mecklenburg County. For those who are not aware, Gar Creek flows through Latta Plantation into Mountain Island Lake — the main source of drinking water for the City of Charlotte. We bought the farm as a fun place to raise our four children and help us balance the pressures of high-stress careers and a typical middle-class lifestyle. Over the years Rivendell Farms became a place for our friends and neighbors to learn the benefits of growing better food and a slower/more sustainable way of life. Our mission is to express our values through creating innovative STEM education resources, meeting the needs of local farmers and the Charlotte food community as well as ensuring clean water and proper land management in the Catawba River watershed.