Who knows what day it is anymore… Quarantine brain is real so why not do everything you can to keep your mental and physical fitness tip-top with streaming, live, and outdoor in-person classes from Scoop’s CLT fitness picks. Stay safe and stay home with streaming options galore. If you venture out for a class, please remember your mask, keep 6 feet apart, and wash/sanitize your hands often.
NOTE: Photos are not from quarantine times.
Scoop sponsor Orangetheory Fitness is offering free at-home workouts. The workouts can be utilized by members and non-members. They are designed by the same team that designs their in-studio workouts. You will get your heart-rate up, earn those splat points, and have fun while still going All Out while their doors are closed. The folks at OTF can’t wait to see everyone under the Orange lights soon! For now, keep up with them on Facebook.
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte is partially open with access to curated outdoor group exercise classes and fitness offerings, as well as some of their indoor and outdoor pools. Group exercise classes are available at the Brace Family, Dowd, Harris, Keith Family, Lake Norman, Lowes, and Morrison YMCAs on a reduced schedule.
- All classes will be on a reservation system. Participants will have a maximum of 24hrs to reserve their spot.
- Classes will run at a reduced capacity to support social distancing guidelines. Classes cannot exceed 24 people.
- Fields will be marked for participants to maintain proper social distancing.
- Face coverings are recommended before and after each class.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing at all times.
Please note, this information is subject to change, so please check back often.
SmartCore Fitness is offering 3 options for Core strength training:
- Outdoor workouts with all of your own equipment inside your own personal quadrant lead by expert trainers
- Virtual training sessions via Zoom with SmartCore owner Denise Duffy
- SmartCore videos with unique 11 core exercise circuits
House CollGull Wellness offers virtual barre fusion and strength training classes. You can expect challenging workouts that strengthen every muscle in your body with a barre format inspired by traditional barre class with an added bonus of athletic movement and strength training. Their strength training class is interval-based and focused on building muscle through functional movements. Cait and James prove couples that workout together are stronger together.
Fit Atelier is offering not only online streaming classes from your favorite Ballet Fit Theory or TONED instructors, but is now also holding socially distanced classes outside of their South End studio. They have even leveled up with misting fans to keep you cool. Try their streaming classes for FREE for your first 3 days.
West Kept Secret is doing their part to not only survive, but thrive amidst COVID-19. Owners Marissa West and Heidi Hillman are staying creative, continuing to be active daily while also maintaining mental clarity; they’ve completely pivoted their business model to offer “pandemic friendly” signature WKS workouts fusing HIIT, Pilates, cardio, and strength. WKS is continuing their buildout at their new studio in Dilworth, set to open this Fall / when allowed. They are now a stacked team of 10 and can’t wait to meet you in their new space soon! Until then, check out their many offerings to keep you sweating in a safe and distanced way:
- WKS: STREAMING (First session is FREE)
- WKS: *LIVE* ZOOM CLASSES ($12 drop-in rate; Special 8/1 BLM donation class)
- WKS: OUTDOOR BOOTCAMP (Wednesdays @ 7am)
SweatNET is still offering 300+ streaming classes to members. 300. Hundred. Options. Holy cow.
It’s Hotter Than July is a month-long offering providing self-care, yoga, and wellness offerings to the community organized by Charlotte local BIPOC yoga instructors and social justice warriors through Amplify and Activate. All programming is free while donations are being accepted to support BIPOC organizing. Offerings include yoga practices, meditations, self-inquiry, African dance, book study, and workshops centering on anti-racism study. You can check out the calendar and sign up for events at hotterthanjuly.info or follow @amplifyandactivateclt on Instagram and Facebook.
Be Yoga is offering a variety of creative, COVID-19 compliant options for yogis itching for a good flow. They ask that you wear a mask (you may remove during your practice) and also follow social distancing guidelines for in-person classes/workshops.
- Yoga on the Lake: Saturdays @10:30am, Lake Norman
- Poolside Sunrise Yoga: Tuesdays @7am starting 7/13 through 7/27, Asbury Flats in Wesley Heights
- Online classes
Man are we all in need of some endorphins, or WHAT? VIBE5 offers the BEST in LIVE STREAM cross training in the QC… Challenging, creative yoga, strength training to build muscle, and bootcamp for cardio endurance. Your body was not meant for one form of exercise 3 to 5 days a week. You want real results? You gotta switch it up. They have a full schedule with 22 classes (WOAH) every week- mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends. New client 2 and 4-week specials just $25 and $45.
Charlotte Yoga is offering a variety of platforms for yoga instruction during the pandemic. They are offering LIVE outdoor classes on their studio patio 4 times per day. All classes are live-streamed so you can follow along from home. They also offer CYVault, a pay-per-view platform you can access anytime, anywhere. Information and pricing are available on our website or reach out to [email protected]
There are three ways to workout with Hilliard Studio Method this month:
- In-Person Outdoor Classes: Join them in their back parking lot at the studio for a 50-minute class to get your heart pumping and your muscles burning. For outdoor classes, bring your own mat plus weights, bands, and ball if you have them. They will provide any equipment you do not have. A mask is required to and from class but can be removed during the workout and class capacity is limited to allow social distancing.
- Zoom Live at Home: Their most personalized approach to at-home workouts. See your friends, chat with your trainer, and stay accountable. You sign up with either a regular class package or a $20 drop-in. They will email you a link to join through Zoom before class starts.
- HSM Streaming: This platform is a great deal at $19/month for thousands of minutes of signature Hilliard Studio Method workouts. There is a brand new HSM Live Class released each week, plus hundreds of workouts already banked. You can filter by time, equipment, or target area, plus everything is available on your time.
Khali Yoga in NoDa is offering daily classes on their outdoor patio plus Black Community Meditation every Thursday 7:30-8:30pm.
Jamie Scott Fitness in SouthEnd is offering outdoor classes. Check their schedule for class times/types.
Corianne Zerbey is The Coach Cor bringing a live and on-demand HIIT workout that is accessible enough for someone just starting their fitness journey but also challenging enough to make her experienced CoCo members sweat. Your first class is always free and you can join with a subscription for just $15/month as a founding CoCo.
Trainer and instructor Debbie Cohen is teaching Yogsculpt classes on Zoom weekly Monday, Thursday, and Saturday at 9am. Can’t make 9am? Ask Debbie for a video or jump on her personal training/small group training offerings. [email protected]
AIR Aerial Fitness has Zoom classes available for members or $10 for guests
Get Fit with Abbs is offering 6-7 classes each week including strength, cycle, and barre fusion with a core section for extra burn for your buck. Members can access class recording to sweat on their schedule.