Check out our original post for FREE and paid streaming options and some new news below.
Message & Virtual Options from the Charlotte-Area YMCA:
“In these evolving times, the Y is still committed to our community. It’s part of our mission to keep a healthy spirit, mind and body at the core of our work at the YMCA of Greater Charlotte even if that means staying connected virtually. We miss the community interaction at our 19 YMCA branches in the greater Charlotte area. And, we know that staying healthy virtually together is one of the best ways we can support one another right now. That’s why we are working to ensure our community stays connected and healthy during this time with these free virtual resources for all“:
- Access a variety of virtual classes via Y360. Enjoy a variety of lower intensity classes similar to our Sculpt & Tone and CardioStrength classes as well as a variety of slow flow yoga classes.
- Stream MOSSA classes to enjoy your favorite YMCA classes from anywhere. These 30 minute workouts are more intense and similar to programming offerings in our Charlotte Y’s, including Group Power, Ride, Centergy, Fight & Core along with additional options including Athlete (similar to our Athletic Conditioning Classes), Blast (step) and Groove (CardioFunk).
- The Y now offers a resource center built for family activities. Whether your family needs inspiration of new ways to enrich their days from an academic perspective, ideas on what to do for fun while at home together or how to stay active and train at home for an upcoming sports league when they are back on the calendar this fall, this hub is full of great tools.
Orange Theory is hosting AT HOME WORKOUTS with new content every day created by the same team that delivers their signature in-studio workouts. You can still wear your heart rate monitor to track your performance as if you were in the studio doing a class!
CLT Classes: Free to Stream and Follow
- Ebb & Flow Movement Studio: offering two free streaming options right now:
- Vibe5: Offering live streaming classes thru ZOOM, access via MindBody or their App.
- Barry’s Bootcamp: follow Shane Lucas, Chelsea Cox, and Erica Penunuri Rossi of Barry’s Charlotte for daily workouts.
- AIR Charlotte: Free Daily Instagram workouts.
Check out Work for Your Beer’s collaboration with NC Yoga Bar where they’ll be streaming a 20-minute yoga class with a little post-flow liquid sustenance encouraged. New fitness videos will hit their YouTube channel every Sunday including yoga and bootcamp-style workouts where you can use growlers, cases, etc. for weights. Subscribe for weekly video updates.
SweatNet is streaming (use the code STREAMFREE) but also running! Practice responsible social distancing (6ft apart, even when running past someone) and join their Strava group for fun challenges. A run outside is the best cure for cabin fever.
Joe Tebaldi, local small business owner at flexx. (a tech company with solutions for the fitness industry), is responding to COVID-19 by creating a platform to help current gym owners, fitness entrepreneurs, and trainers create an online “studio” with a library of up-to-date, on-demand classes. STUDIO will be launched as a free application so it can reach and help as many gym owners and people seeking fitness during this unique time as possible. Look for familiar faces like Urban MVMNT, Charlotte Athletic Club, and Reebok CrossFit Charlotte Uptown on the app!
Paid Classes (Great Options for Supporting Local Small Businesses!)
Join Dana Sayre, local artist and yoga teacher, for a donation class Wednesday, 4/8 at 11AM to benefit this local family facing a cancer diagnosis as well as closures of their places of employment during this already tumultuous time. Contact Dana for info on the Zoom meeting!
The ladies at West Kept Secret are now offering their workouts through a newly-launched streaming service. Check them out here! The moves and intervals change every video, you can do all workouts with NO props, and they provide modifications / advancements in each episode so the workout is truly for everyone! All videos are pre-recorded and are available to subscribers any time, anywhere, and you can watch them as many times as you want. The cost is $49.99/month with no contract; you can cancel ANYTIME. Use HEIDI10 for 10% off your purchase!
SmartCore Fitness is offering SmartCore At Home options via Zoom. Equipment needed: Bosu, dumb bells, ankle bands, and 2 long blue bands. Each of the 8 available videos has 11 exercises with live demonstrations, cuing that includes reps, weight ranges, potential modifications, etc. The intention is you could watch the demonstration for each exercise, pause the video, perform the exercise, then restart when you’re ready for the next movement. Each video is $35 for SmartCore clients and their families. If you’re not a member email Denise at [email protected] for pricing!
Alternative Fitness Pilates Zoom streaming classes are available through MindBody- $10 per class or you can purchase 5 for $45.
BK Pilates is now offering one-on-one mat Pilates lessons on live on Zoom for those who would like a customized workout! Email [email protected] to schedule. Duets are also available- find a friend, buddy, or partner to workout with for $55 for 45 minutes!
CORE 704 Pilates’ COREantine Challenge kicks off Monday, 4/6 and rolls through 4/26 with LIVE classes Monday – Friday at 7AM (recording also available for 24 hours after class) plus 2 amazing bonuses. Bonus #1 is live ONLY classes on Saturdays at 9AM and Sundays at 1PM and bonus #2 is a LIVE 60min workout on 4/27 with 4 coaches!
Be Yoga is offering 1-2 daily Zoom classes- sign up here! Get a 10-pack of online classes for just $11 per class or a single online class for $12. Online group and private sessions for $60 are also available- contact Kelley.
Particularly loving an at-home workout? Let us know in the comments by giving your favorite instructors/studios a shout-out or telling us what we’re missing in our list!