Whether your love is sweet or spicy this sexy Asian influenced cocktail brought to you by Tamu Curtis of Liberate Your Palate is a sure way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- 2 oz Burnett’s Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Lychee Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 Dried Chili Pepper
- Break chili pepper in half and add along with all ingredients to a cocktail shaker
- Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds
- Strain into drinking glass
- Garnish glass with a Chinese 5 Spice and raw sugar rim
Add contents from a 20oz can of “Lychees in Syrup” and 1 1/2 cups of sugar to a sauce pan. Simmer on low for 10 minutes stirring occasionally as sugar melts. Strain into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
*Canned lychees can be found at Fresh Market or most Asian food stores
*Chinese 5 Spice blend can be found at Harris Teeter