Whether you’re planning a romantic dinner for two, searching for treats to pick up on the way home or are looking for a unique date night to celebrate, start your planning here. Our picks for Valentine’s Day 2020:
DINNER FOR TWO
Romantics can spend an evening in Venice without leaving the Queen City! Normally a walk-in-only establishment, Cicchetti will take reservations via its website and telephone for the evening of February 14 for Valentine’s Day. The Venetian-style wine & cocktail bar will offer its full menu of extensive small plates, entrees, and desserts. (PS read up on their wine club here, nice gift idea)
Head to Angeline’s, where the Uptown hotspot will offer a five course sharable tasting menu with optional beverage pairings. View the full menu and make reservations here.
Corkbuzz is turning up the romance with a three-course shared dinner full of your favorite aphrodisiacs: oysters, steak, lobster and, of course, chocolate. View the full menu here. $150 per couple.
3 Course Dinner for $50. Executive Chef Ken Aponte will pick some favorites from their new Winter Seasonal menu. Includes a starter, entrée and dessert for each person. Menu will be offered Feb 14 – 16.
4 Courses for $65. Executive Chef Michael Griswold has picked some favorites from their Winter Seasonal menu AND created some new dishes just for Valentine’s Day. Only available on Valentine’s Day and after 4 PM.
4 Courses for $60. Executive Chef Rogger Torres has created a special menu for Valentine’s Day. Each guest will receive a starter, soup or salad, main course entrée and dessert. Our entrée courses include a NY Strip, Filet & Shrimp, Black Grouper and two more brand new dishes.
SouthPark’s Bar Marcel will offer a special three-course dinner for the holiday, featuring dishes such as Crispy Duck Breast with herb gnocchi, romesco, carrots, beets, goat cheese and smoked almonds, a Smoked Filet and Scallops with mushroom risotto, crispy parsnip, hazelnuts, artichoke cream sauce. $65 per person.
For those looking to celebrate all week long, 5Church will be offering Valentine’s inspired dishes on Saturday and Sunday and a special wine dinner on Wednesday.
On Friday, February 14, 5Church Charlotte will be offering a three-course Valentine’s Day dinner from 5-11 p.m., with dishes like Lobster Risotto, Smoked Duck Consommé, Spiced Lamb Rack, Filet Mignon and Pineapple Rum Cake. To view Friday’s three-course menu, click here. For reservations, call 704.919.1322.
With a view of the Charlotte skyline, you and your Valentine can enjoy a few chef’s specials at Fahrenheit, including a grilled 10oz Filet Oscar and Baked Chilean Sea Bass with lemon and dill. They’ll also offer a special on wine, the Antiche Terre Amore Assoluto Red Blend will be $50 a bottle.
In addition to featuring Manhattans and Pomegranate Prosecco cocktails, Fran’s Filling Station will offer guests a special Valnetine’s Day menu:
- Winter salad with grapes, sweet & spicy oranges, candied pecans & blue cheese
- Butternut squash “risotto” with pan seared scallops
- Thai red curry coconut mussels
- Fran’s meatball with our pomodoro sauce, basil & fresh ricotta
- Wild mushroom ragout & fontina fondue over baguette toasts
- Classic Steak Diane with roasted fingerling potatoes & buttered green beans
- Lobster linguine – gruyere cream, melted leeks & roasted grape tomatoes
- Pan-roasted Halibut Provençal
- BBQ-glazed pork chop with rum mashed sweet potatoes & bacon braised greens
- Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti marinara
- Dark chocolate pudding with brown butter shortbread
- Red velvet cake
- Coconut cream cheesecake
- Mocha Genoise with coffee caramel buttercream
In SouthPark, Dogwood will offer a prix fixe four course dinner for $99 per person including tax and gratuity. A preview of the menu:
- Sunburst Smoked Trout: citrus crème fraiche/ candied lime/ pickled kohlrabi/ radish/ crostini
- Lobster Arancini: green tomato agrodolce/ parmesan/ parsley oil
- Crab & Chorizo Hushpuppies: pecan remoulade/ sorghum butter
- Tuna Tartare: ponzu aioli/ lime/ togarashi/ citrus supremes/ crackers
- Beetroot Soup: preserved orange/ goat cheese mousse/ chive
- Yellowfin Tuna: torn potato salad/ lemon aioli/ pickled celery/ mustard seed
- Arugula Salad: goat cheese/ country loaf croutons/ radish/ tomato/ rice wine vinaigrette
- Duck Confit Salad: winter greens/ cherry vinaigrette/ manchego/ pickled carrot/ fried shallot
- Confit Octopus: potatoes bravas/ chorizo/ black pepper aioli
- Lamb Pappardelle: mint pistachio pistou/ parmesan/ shiitake
- Joyce Farms Chicken: farm fingerlings/ acorn squash/ mustard greens/ current pan sauce
- Shrimp & Grits: house chorizo/ tomatoes/ braised greens/ scallions
- SC Swordfish: Carolina Gold Rice/ crispy kalettes/ corn/ Harmony Ridge apple butter
- Balsamic Braised short rib: maitake risotto/ veal jus
- Harmony Ridge Duck Breast: cavatelli/ lion’s mane/ squash/ port cherry buerre blanc
- KC Strip: house gnocchi/ trumpet mushrooms/ pesto butter
- House Pasta: sunchoke three ways/ winter greens/ pecorino
- Carrot Cake
- Chocolate cake
- Mom’s Cheese Cake
On Feb. 14 and 15, guests can enjoy a complimentary seafood tower and dessert duet with the purchase of select champagne bottles. Make your reservation here.
Shellebrate with an entire week’s worth of love-filled features, whether you’re attached or looking for a night out with the girls.
- Monday: 3 Handmade Pasta features, $10 each: Spigarello Fusilli with blistered tomato, mozzarella, basil, pine nuts, and lemon, Black Garlic Campanelle with clams, kale, tarragon, and house tomato sauce and Mafalde Alfredo with laughing bird shrimp, parmesan, and fine herbs
- Tuesday: 1/2 off oysters
- Wednesday: 25% off all sparkling wine bottles plus featured by-the-glass pours
- Thursday: $10 tiki cocktails and $5 spritzes
- Friday: Cupid’s Cupboard – specialty cocktails and features guaranteed to spread the love
- Saturday: Share the Love – Enjoy The Treatment and Fin & Fino will double the donation made to charity to $10 per order
The Chef at The Stanley will be preparing a five course tasting menu with an optional beverage pairing for you and that special someone. Seating times between 5-9 p.m. available. $85 per person, with beverages an additional $45 per person. Email [email protected] to join us, or feel free to call 980-299-2741 as they are not using Resy for the holiday
Bardo is offering sweethearts an intimate, five course prix fixe dining experience designed by Chef Michael Noll with special cocktail features by Amanda Britton. Call (980-585-2433) or the website to reserve one of three seatings (5:30 pm, 7:15 pm, or 9 pm) on Friday, February 14th or Saturday, February 15th. $75+ per person.
Enjoy menu and cocktail specials for Valentine’s this year at Dot Dot Dor. No tickets or reservations required.
Enjoy a four course dinner for $99 per person, including tax and gratuity. Menu features include Salmon Ceviche, Lobster Ravioli, Wagyu Short Rib Bolognese, Seared Scallop Ramen and multiple dessert options. Make your reservations online.
Dressler’s Restaurants have multiple ways to celebrate. At Dressler’s Birkdale, enjoy a four course prix fixe dinner for $79 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Reserve your table at Birkdale here. At Dressler’s Metropolitan, their four course menu is priced at $99 per person, including tax and gratuity. Reserve your table at Birkdale here. For Metropolitan reservations, visit them here.
FUN DATE NIGHTS
Get adventurous with the Whitewater Center’s Zipline and Dine: Valentine’s Edition. Start with a zipline ride off the 100-ft. tall Hawk Tower, followed by a series of rope bridges and her another zipline. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, enjoy a short hike over to River’s Edge for a three-course menu with fine wine pairings. Available on Feb. 14 and 15.
Work together with your special someone to create an oversized wood project together, plus enjoy a full dinner from Nana’s Porch.
In Kings Mountain, enjoy a delicious array of mini desserts from Delish Cakery picked to pair with Veronét wines. $25+.
Laugh along with your Valentine at Lenny Boy Brewing’s free comedy show, featuring Jenn “Jinx” Snyder, Joy Wills and Grace Hauth.