This article is part of our 2019 Holiday Entertaining Series sponsored by Roots Catering
There’s a lot of carved pumpkin centerpiecing going on again this year…including some DIY centerpiece crafting parties that we think need to get on the CLT radar asap. Mix up a batch of seasonal cocktails and have at it, you deserve a little fun with the girls before the onslaught.
Not all of us are crafty or so inclined, even with the promise of cocktails, so we shopped a few of our favorite QC boutiques for things easy to pick up and decorate with. We also got some great tips from our Seasonal Sponsor ROOTS CATERING:
Thanksgiving Decorating Tips + Tricks from Roots Catering
1. Use grapevine as the base for your wreath and it will last for years – make it yourself or buy a pre-shaped one- When the season rolls around, add a small bunch of fresh magnolia leaves, pine cones, eucalyptus and/or berries to the wreath using floral wire. It’s easy to switch out your floral addition as the seasons come and go.
2) Table Decor & Centerpieces –
- Use a simple table runner rather than a table cloth to enhance your centerpiece
- Use fresh herbs in your centerpiece or around your table display for a festive and great smelling addition-
- Go minimal with your centerpiece if you plan to serve your meal family style
- Don’t make your centerpiece too tall – you want to see your guests across the table
3) Instead of burning a scented candle that may fight with the smell of your holiday feast:- Throw a batch of cookies (even the store bought kind will do) in the oven 30 minutes prior to guests coming over for a delicious and homey smell- Or Simmer water with rosemary, orange slices and cinnamon sticks on the stove.
What’s In CLT Stores Now?
Theory Design Studio – 25% off Fall Items!!
The Mint Museum Store Gift Shops
This series is brought to you by Roots Catering, which provides the community with locally-sourced, handcrafted catering for any event. Led by Executive Chef Craig Barbour, who with his experienced crew can specialize any menu for any occasion. From weddings, to social gathering and corporate events to everything in between, the Roots Catering team goes above and beyond to create and execute an unforgettable experience.
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM