Question: What’s in its 10th Year but never gets old?
Answer: Charlotte Restaurant Week of course!
Winter 2019 Queen’s Feast, aka Charlotte Restaurant Week returns this Friday, January 18, and runs through Sunday, January 27, bringing you the chance to enjoy a 3-course dinner at local restaurants for just $30-$35 per person.
There are a few key things to know about dining during Charlotte Restaurant Week:
- Reservations are a must, particularly at popular or new spots. If you’ve been dying to try someplace, chances are so has everyone else.
- Queen’s Feast is the ultimate low-cost-entry way to explore what local chefs have to offer. Try someplace new.
- Checking through their menus online here is always wise ~ some places offer killer deals and some just the required minimum. If the $$ value is your thing, don’t head out uninformed ~ click on each restaurant name to see their offering.
- Dinner only.
- Dietary restrictions may not be accommodated, so definitely call ahead to see.
- It’s not just in Charlotte proper, Queen’s Feast now includes restaurants in Mecklenburg, Union, Cabarrus, Rowan, Iredell, Lincoln, Gaston, Catawba, and York counties.
- Every time we go, we never actually order the QF prix fixe menu, so there’s that. Marketing Triumphs Again!! If you’re there to only spend the $35 pp, then don’t even look.
- Manners still count, even at $30. Cancel your reservation if you can’t make it, and tip your waiter please.
The January 2019 event event features more than a dozen first-time Queen’s Feast restaurant participants. Among our favorites are YUME Ramen Sushi & Bar and Zeppelin in South End, Dilworth Tasting Room, and the new Bistro La Bon-Cotswold.
Our Picks for this Winter 2019 Queen’s Feast Charlotte Restaurant Week?
We like two things = a good deal and a lot of choices. And sushi. So…
O-Ku Sushi, because it’s our favorite CLT sushi and normally we can’t get out of there for less than $100 pp. Already reserved.
Yume Ramen & Sushi Bar because you get a beverage (non alc) AND 4 courses.
PS at Upstream (or any participating Burke Hospitality Group Restaurant) if you dine 2 or more times during Charlotte Restaurant Week, you’ll receive a bonus gift card of $20 or $50. Ask for your “Passport to Great Food” to be stamped during Queen’s Feast at Mimosa Grill, Upstream and both Harper’s Restaurant locations (Charlotte and Pineville) to qualify.
Follow Queens Feast on social media: