Brought to you by Puppies & Brunch
Even though apple season seems like it’s synonymous with Fall, it actually starts well before the first chill of the season. Most orchards open by early August and really get into full swing by the beginning of September.
If you’ve ever come home with a bushel of apples from the orchard and wondered “What am I going to do with ALL these apples?” We’ve been there. You are not alone. And we’re here to help! We’re sharing our favorite apple recipes with you so you can put your haul to good use this year. First up, my newest obsession: Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls.
Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
For the dough:
- 2 cans crescent dough (seriously, that’s it! )
For the filling:
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
For the cinnamon sugar:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
For the icing:
- 1 can store bought cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a pan, then add lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add apples and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll the crescent dough of a lightly floured surface and pinch the seams together. Use a rolling pin to spread the dough out a bit.
- Brush dough with 2 Tbsp. softened butter
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture and lightly press into butter \
- Spoon the cooked apples onto the dough and roll into a log
- Cut into 12-15 pieces
- Place the uncooked cinnamon rolls into a greased round cake pan
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown on the top and cooked in the center.
- Let cool slightly and spread cream cheese icing all over the top! Add fresh diced apples if desired.
Need some more Apple Recipe inspiration?
Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake by Live Well Bake Often
Apple Dutch Baby from Bon Appétit
French Apple Tart by Ina Garten
Apple Crisp Stuffed Baked Apples by Creme de la Crumb
Cinnamon Apple Yogurt Bowls by Puppies and Brunch
Apple Pandowdy by Food & Wine
Fall Salad with Kale, Brussels Sprouts and Delicata Squash by Amanda Fredrickson
Chicken, Brie and Apple Panini by What Should I Make for Dinner
Aged Cheddar and Apple Focaccia by Seasons and Suppers
Apple, Cheddar and Thyme Scones by Baking the Goods
Kate Day of Puppiesandbrunch.com
Kate was born and raised in Atlanta, GA and is a recent addition to the Queen City. When she’s not in the kitchen experimenting, you can find her cuddled up with a cookbook and her loyal pup, Tuck. To see more of what she’s cooking up- check out her Instagram or visit puppiesandbrunch.com