Platelet-Rich Plasma, that’s what PRP stands for, and it comes from your own blood. Best known for their importance in clotting your blood, platelets also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors which are very important in the healing of injuries.
PRP is plasma with a concentration of platelets created by centrifugation — which then have a concentration of growth factors 5 to 10 times greater (or richer) than usual. In general medicine, platelets play a key role in the process of wound and soft tissue healing. Several clinical studies have demonstrated that PRP injections have improved function and decreased pain in various orthopedic problems with the elbow, wrist, shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle. Early work is also showing promise for osteoarthritis.
PRPs are like fertilizer for your skin cells
And the side effects of PRP injections are very limited, as the doctor is using your own blood, to which you should have no adverse reaction.
PRP burst on to the Beauty scene in about 2015, in the buzz-worthy form of the VAMPIRE FACELIFT® and the VAMPIRE FACIAL®. What might seem like a fad has actually turned out to be a very effective, non-invasive method to significantly improve your skin appearance and turn back the clock.
We checked in with Dr. Donald Sudy, at Evolve Medical Associates to find out more about PRPs and these Vampire treatments. Dr. Sudy says PRPs are like fertilizer for your skin cells and they’ve had tremendous success with both the FACIAL and the FACELIFT.
WHAT IS THE VAMPIRE FACIAL®?
The Vampire Facial® is microneedling with PRP as the lubricant and topical boost, which feeds into microchannels created by the micro-needling. The controlled wounding of microneedling produces new collagen in the healing process, and the PRP addition boosts both the quick healing and the results. Steps in this procedure include:
- Micro-needling is performed to stimulate collagen growth and allow the PRP to penetrate further into the skin layers
- Your blood is drawn and your PRP created in the centrifuge while you are having the micro-needling
- PRP is applied topically to your face
- Your skin will have a “sunburn” appearance for about 24 hours, when the micro holes close up
You’ll have minimal discomfort and some redness for a couple of days. This quick office procedure can be an alternative to ablative laser therapies that have significant down time and discomfort.
Dr. Sudy often prefers microneedling to laser treatments because:
– There’s no issue with skin tone / pigments, so can it can be done all year even with tan or darker pigmented skin
– They can go deeper without inflammatory response that deeply penetrating lasers can cause
– You’ll have a quicker recovery, with little risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
The Vampire Facial® is great to improve your skin texture and add back that glowing, dewy appearance as well as address some acne scarring and sun damage. These are definitely best done in a series of at least 3 treatments to get the corrections needed, with a follow up periodically for maintenance.
Evolve Medical Associates is offering Scoop Followers a BUY TWO GET ONE FREE special on their VAMPIRE FACIAL®
Just book your first appointment by emailing [email protected] or calling (704) 457-2060 and ask for the Scoop Deal on the Vampire Facial Series.
If you are looking to go a bit further, consider then the Vampire Facelift®. Also performed using your PRP, the Vampire Facelift can:
- Decrease the glabellar lines (the number 11 sign between the brow) and forehead lines
- Augment the cheeks and reshape the face.
- Decrease periorbital lines (crow’s feet) and smile lines
- Decrease Nasolabial folds
- Fill in acne scars
- Smooth the vermillion border (the edge of the mouth)
- Decrease the marionette lines (the ones from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
- Augment the chin
A Vampire FaceLift® Procedure uses a combination of Hyaluronic acid fillers and PRP injections to fill wrinkles and sunken areas, stimulate collagen growth and replace volume. When the PRP growth factors enter the face (injected by the doctor), then multi-potent stem cells become activated to grow new tissue. This new tissue includes new collagen, new fatty tissue (for smoothness), and new blood vessels (for a healthy glow).
Believe it or not, PRP’s can also be used in hair-restoration, as well as to improve the appearance of your breasts, cleavage and decolletage and your hands.
Please contact Evolve Medical Associates for your consult today – email [email protected] or call (704) 457-2060
Who said Vampires were a bad thing?