If you’re stressed from work, sore from working out, or even just hungover from the beginning of #roséseason, Evolve Medical Associates can help. Their new IV Nutrition program brings vital nutrients directly into your bloodstream — avoiding all the time it takes to eat the amount you’d need to adjust your levels and make you feel better.
“I call it ‘hacking into the body,’” said Wellness Director and Nutritionist Aaron Chacon.
When we eat something, it takes time for our bodies to digest it and break it down into tiny, useable particles that can make their way into our bloodstream and eventually our cells. Stress, fatigue and other chronic issues are often a result of nutrition deficiency, which makes sense because research says most people only absorb 20-30 percent of the nutrients they are attempting to intake through food.
IV nutrition therapy helps bypass all the obstacles and take nutrients exactly where they need to go for close to 100 percent absorption, Aaron said.
What can it help?
Evolve currently offers several different formulas including ones that can help with stress, hangovers, athletic performance, recovery, skin health and more. Check out the “menu” here:
Standard Formulas ($169)
- ENERGY BOOST – contains vitamin C, B-complex, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, chromium, L-carnitine, selenium, zinc and taurine.
- COLD & FLU – vitamin C, B-complex, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and glutathione (can add Toradol, Zofran or Pepcid if needed)
- GLOW-TINI (aka ‘Beauty Boost’) -B-complex, biotin, vitamin B12, arginine, vitamin C and glutathione
- HANGOVER HELP – vitamin C, B-complex, vitamin B12, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, magnesium and one liter of normal saline (can add Toradol, Zofran or Pepcid if needed)
- MYER’S COCKTAIL – vitamin C, B-complex, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, vitamin B5
- PERFORMANCE BOOST – arginine, zinc, magnesium, B-complex, vitamin B12 and L-carnitine
- VEGETARIAN/VEGAN BOOST – B-complex, vitamin B6, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, taurine, zinc and L-carnitine
Advanced Formulas ($225)
- EXECUTIVE STRESS FORMULA – vitamin C*, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, glycyrrhizic acid, magnesium, calcium,
*because high doses of vitamin C are used here, the patient needs to be evaluated for G6PD deficiency (Dr. Sarah Yousuff said people with this enzyme deficiency are at risk for developing hemolytic anemia if given high doses of vitamin C). You can have the test done in-office for $20, and results are generally avaialable after one business day.
- CUSTOM FORMULAS also available after consultation with physician
Boosters ($25/ea) can be added to any drip:
- Vitamin C
- B Complex
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12 with MIC
- Vitamin D3
- Rehydration: 1 liter of normal saline – $85
- Oxygen: 30 min for $15
What can I expect at the office?
Depending on which treatment you choose, you may need to have bloodwork done to make sure you’ll be able to tolerate your chosen IV cocktail. After you’re cleared to get your IV, you’ll chat with a doctor briefly and the area will be numbed before your IV is injected (Aaron assures us it’s virtually painless), and then you’ll relax in Evolve’s IV room for 30 to 45 minutes.
You’ll likely feel the effects almost immediately (picture last night’s killer hangover just melting away) and then you’re out the door.
“Everyone loves it. It makes you feel very, very good,” says Aaron, who has done it several times. He loves loading up on magnesium, which helps loosen tense muscles.
Aaron said most people who are using IV nutrition to combat chronic issues like fatigue will want to do it once or twice a month. The experts at Evolve will help you determine a treatment plan that’s right for you.
How much does it cost?
For standard formulas, it’s $169 per IV, and you can add a la carte options like extra B12 or antioxidants.
But, since you’re reading about this on Scoop:
If you mention this post to Evolve when booking your appointment, you’ll get your first IV for 15 percent off!