Shawna Baker and the instructors at Xtend Barre fitness studio know all too well that one of the first things sacrificed in the first 6-12 months of having a baby is exercise. New moms know exercise is super-important, but finding time alone to head to a class or out for a run is tough. To help, Xtend Barre is bringing a new Babies on Board class to their schedule. This post-natal class is designed to provide new moms an opportunity to workout while bonding with their new little one.
Prior to attending this class at Xtend Barre, there’s a few things you need to know:
- Clearance from your doctor to exercise is required
- You’ll need a strong, supportive baby carrier (Baby Bjorn or similar), no sling holders can be used in class
- Your little must be able to hold its head up by itself
- Baby must weigh less than 18 pounds
- You’ll need to bring a carrier and blanket for each class
Charlotte, North Carolina, 28204 USA