This year’s OrthoCarolina Classic, presented by Performance Therapy, brings new fun to the word run. On Saturday, August 22, the 6th Annual 10K OrthoCarolina Classic will feature not only feature a great course and support two of our favorite causes, there will be local Food Trucks and a Beer Fest with the QC’s most popular breweries. The OrthoCarolina Classic also offers a 5K run/walk and a kidâ€™s dash, so everyone can compete and enjoy the fun. The 10K race course takes you through Elizabeth and Plaza Midwood and offers a fun challenge if you usually run a flat course.
You can register for the race up through 8/20 online here. The ecologically conscious OC 10K will not have any mail-in registration. After online registration closes on Wednesday, August 20th at 11:59pm, you can still register at packet pick up on Friday and on race day. [Registration will open at 6:30 am and close at 7:15 am on race day].
[scoop has one entry each to giveaway to two lucky readers, enter in contest form below]
If you register by August 12, you will get some pretty cool swag as well. Check it:
1. High Quality shirt. There will be mens and womenâ€™s cut shirts so please size yourself with that in mind. You must register before August 12th to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
2. Pint Glass for 10K and 5K participants (must register before August 12th)
3. Custom bibs (must register before August 12th)
4. Finisher Medals (this years medal have a bottle opener integrated into the design)
5. Great giveaways from race sponsors
6. EXPO: Presented by UnitedHealthcare, sample from local breweries and local Food Trucks.
Register now and you can head out and enjoy one of the best courses in Charlotte and the expo presented by UnitedHealthcare. Even if you can’t run, please support this year’s designated recipients, RUNNING WORKS and/or CARE RING with a donation here. We did!
# # #
Eat, Drink Beer, Run, Repeat. Words to live by.