You can go outside and get the real thing along with a healthy dose of Vitamin D, but I am trying to stop the wrinkles (not create new ones). I would also like to refrain from getting another diagnosis of Melanoma, so my tanning is always the sunless kind. Here are my favorites safe tanning options in Charlotte:
Glow Charlotte is known for its precision to detail, expertise for custom color matching and flawless results. And for its gorgeous, former SC beauty queen owner Ginger Moss Rockefeller, her personal attention to customers’ tanning, and her talents with make-up. Ok, and her eye for a fabulous & ever-changing selection of affordable jewelry in the salon.
Your Glow Charlotte tan will be perfectly customized to your individual skin type and personal preference ~ you can go as light or dark as you want, and you’ll get a golden bronze tan with no â€˜orangeyâ€™ coloring. You can even request special “sculpting” to fool the eye and accent the positive. Glow Charlotte uses only Infinity Sun products, and also offers mobile tanning, on-location & mobile airbrush foundation and mineral based professional makeup services using the Glo Minerals line.
Right now, Glow Charlotte is offering scoop readers (new clients only) $15 off one FULL BODY custom sunless tan.
Just say you saw it on scoop when you call for your appointment!
Glow Charlotte – call 704-578-6673 to schedule your appointment today.
233 S Sharon Amity Road, Suite 102 in Cotswold behind Fifth Third Bank.
FIND GLOW CHARLOTTE ON FACEBOOK HERE
GorgeousGLO is the QC’s largest group of professional custom spray tanning salons, handily combined with blow dry bars so you can get both services under one roof. The first to open a blow dry bar in town, owner and native Charlottean Anne Pipkin has always had her finger on the pulse of what’s hot for Charlotte, and her salons are no exception. With 3 locations in key spots town – Myers Park / Midtown near uptown, SouthPark and Lake Norman – GorgeousGLO offers convenience along with blow-outs and lash extensions to go with your tan.
A GorgeousGLO professional spray tan last 7-8 days and the organic Infinity Sun solution they use is made with brown sugar and walnut extract so you never have to worry about your customized tan being orange or too dark. All sessions include a nourishing pre-elixir that leaves your skin hydrated and enables the sunless tanner to penetrate more evenly and last longer. At GorgeousGLO, they use Bumble & Bumble hair products for your blow-out, and offer Xtreme Lash Extensions, and they often have specials which you can find on their GorgeousGLO site here.
THE LALA GIRL MAKE UP AND BEAUTY BAR LOUNGE brings Los Angeles fabulousness to Charlotte right in Park Rd. Shopping Center. This chic salon is for any woman (or girls) desiring to have a full service experience in addition to your spray tanning. The Lala Girl offers professional makeup application, hair cuts, blow-outs, waxing, lash extensions, lash & brow tinting & more and gives you the convenience of having your very own make-up artist in a relaxed and fun environment.
The LALA Girl uses Norvell’s vegan-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free and gluten-free tanning solution. They offer 4 customized tanning options ranging from the “Glow” to the “Egyptian” which is a dark rich tan. While you are at The LALA Girl try Norvell’s pre-tanning Body Buff eXmitt, which will prepare your skin’s pH and maximize sunless color results. They also offer Norvellâ€™s best-selling daily sunless moisturizer which combines a hint of color to build & extend your tan.
This month Lala Girl is offering a spray tanning special for $35.
The LALA Girl – for appointments call 704.521.5266
4123 Park Road
Charlotte, NC 28209
FIND THE LALA GIRL ON FACEBOOK HERE
Preparing for your custom spray tan, wherever you go:
Tips from our experts to prepare for your custom spray tan:
- Do not wear body lotion, moisturizer, perfume, deodorant or makeup as this can act as a barrier to the tanning solution.
- Wear loose, dark colored clothing and open toed sandals.
- Do not wear white clothing, tight clothing, bras or jewelry.
- Avoid waxing, facials and dermabrasion at least 24 hours before your session.
- Have your manicure or pedicure prior to your appointment.
- Wait 8-10 hours to shower after your tan, so consider booking an evening appointment.
- Keep your skin moisturized after your tan.
- Grab some of Infinity Sun’s super popular “Glo on the Go”, which is a fool-proof touch up spray to prolong your tan.
Going the DIY Route:
My favorite self tanner is by St. Tropez . I have used this product for years and I love the color tan I get. It’s a little less “golden” than the color you will get at the salons, and a little more brown. It’s the only store brand I’ve found that stays far away from orange. You also have total control of how dark or light your tan is. I have used the mitten applicator but feel I have better control with a latex glove. The easiest place in Charlotte to find St. Tropez is an ULTA – and it can also be purchased at Ulta online.
Tips for self-tanning from the experts at St. Tropez:
- Hands and Feet absorb the self tan fast, so no matter what tan you are using moisturise these areas well and apply 1/4 tan to 3/4 moisturizer
- Make sure you blend in between fingers and toes and clean the nails with a wipe to avoid unnatural yellow staining.
- Always apply St. Tropez self tan with tight fitting gloves. This will avoid palm staining and give you a fast sweeping application.
- The last area to be tanned will be the hands so remove gloves and simply use a cleansing wipe to clean tan off the palms and finger tips.
- No sink needed â€“ you have to be careful of no water splashes!