Summer is almost here Charlotte. Are you ready? Are you set? Just go! Run that is.
Okay, slow down you say. Maybe you aren’t quite ready to hit the pavement. No problem. OrthoCarolina has compiled THE must-go-read with everything you need to know to get started including information on:
- Starting with a run-walk approach
- Focusing on easy running and aerobic endurance
- Deciding if you want to try a race
So, now you’re ready to run? Not so fast. Do you have the right kicks? OrthoCarolina’s Running Page gives you all the guidelines to make sure you choose the best running shoe.
Things to consider:
- Foot type
- natural bony alignment
- running style
- running goals
Now that those shoes are on tight…get registered and you’re off.
- Area’s premier running event – http://racesonline.com/events/orthocarolina-10k
- A unique run through Biltmore Estate – http://ashevillemarathon.com/
- Historic Charlotte run with beer and food trucks at finish – http://racesonline.com/events/freemorewest5k
- Great cause. Includes Kids race –http://racesonline.com/events/miles-against-melanoma-5k-1-mile-fun-run-kids-dash
- Jimmie Johnson Foundation Kids and 5K – http://racesonline.com/events/jjf-5k
- Davidson 5K- http://racesonline.com/events/spartan-half-marathon-5k
- Ballantyne – http://racesonline.com/events/run-ballantyne-10k-5k-race-1-mile-fun-run
- FUN RUN! – http://racesonline.com/events/run-wild-5k-10k-wild-child-fun-run
- Mother’s Day 5K – http://racesonline.com/events/mothers-day-5k
- National Whitewater Center – http://racesonline.com/events/river-jam-run-race-edition-5-14-15
- Inaugural! – http://racesonline.com/events/speed-street-5k
- Happiest 5K on the Planet! – http://racesonline.com/events/thecolorrun
Finally, as you plan out your summer of run-fun, you might be planning on setting goals to increase your mileage.